Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Mental fitness

To every person mental fitness will mean something different. To me it means taking care of yourself and taking care of your mental health or mental fitness.

For the past almost 6 years now I've had anxiety and depression along with anxiety attacks. I never told anyone other than my mom and best friend until a year ago when I opened up about it on my other blog. Anyone that personally knows me also knows I'm my own worst critic.

A year ago I realized it wasn't just the gym I missed from my life but being able to mentally overcome a situation and be able to do the things I love to do like devour books and write on my blogs or write poetry or short stories. So I decided to change that.

I started with just setting some time aside for me, which was hard. I've always put everyone before myself. But when I did this by the end of the first month I felt kind of liberated. I started writing on my other blog again, which like me is completely random and probably contains quite a few cuss words as I can make a seasoned sailor blush 😁. But I also started reading again and devoured books of all genres.

Do I still have depression, anxiety and anxiety attacks? Yes, probably always will. Does it bother me as much as it did? No, I've opened myself up to basically the entire world and as I've said before if anyone ever needs someone to talk to or anything I'm always here and will always have your six.

In closing make sure you take time out for your own mental fitness while you're getting physically fit. Do something you love other than the gym and I promise you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment